January 15, 2015

Beautiful Butterfly Cards using Gossamer Blue On My Desk Collection

Welcome to the January Gossamer Blue blog hop.  Today I'm sharing some fanciful cards I made using the On My Desk collection.  This collection is colorful, whimsical and full of pretty pinks if you're looking for some Valentine colors....or just something fresh and fun for the new year. I'm pairing my GB items with some butterfly stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink. 
I really love to use 3 x 4 cards as a starting point for cards.  This time I reached for the clear pieces and cut some additional 3 x 4 pieces from the beautiful gold, floral vellum 12 x 12 sheet. I die cut images from patterned papers and cut strips of the aqua polka dot. This gives me the general layout of the cards.  I also stamped my sentiment in waterproof ink. 
Some simple swipes of watercolor over the sentiment created some coordination colors that match up well with the patterned papers. 
Before adhering my pieces to my card front I added gold stitching, washi tape and some enamel dots from the collection. 
I added a few of the tiny star enamel dots to the letter "i" in beautiful. 
How fun are the beautiful 3 x 4 pieces of acetate and vellum with the white and gold accents?
A pretty little set of four cards.  
I also created some envelope liners using a Papertrey Ink envelope die.  These are so pretty I sometimes hate to seal the envelope.  Instead I like to tie the envelope up with some pretty ribbon, add a tag and slip the whole thing into a bigger padded envelope...or hand deliver if I can along with a special treat. 
Hope your new year is off to a creative start. For even more inspiration, join me hopping around to the other Gossamer Blue team members' blogs.  Here's the list:


Anabelle O'Malley
Brenda Weaver 
Danielle Flanders 
Diane Payne 
Emily Spahn 
Erin Taylor 
Eunyoung Lee
Heather Leopard 
Jessica Lohof  
Jill Keller 
Joy Taylor 
Maria Lacuesta  
Melanie Blackburn 
Michiko Kato 
Naomi Atkins 
Rebecca Luminarias 
Sabrina Alery 
Tara Anderson 
Vanessa Perry

5 comments:

Katie said...

These cards are beautiful!!

Diane Payne said...

These are gorgeous!

Joy said...

Stunning cards and super creative as always Mish, love your work, hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards I love them, especially the watercolor detail!

Gisèle said...

Totally awesome butterfly cards :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails