May 9, 2014

Canvas gift bag with gold shimmer...

Sharing a little gift bag I made using some leftover Gossamer Blue kit kits + some Pink Flower Mini Instagram photos from my shop.  I love to use canvas bags for giving little gifts, especially a little bundle of stamped cards with envelopes. 
I used a journaling card as my base for some paints, glitter paper flag and the fun wood tape that was in a previous Gossamer Blue kit.  I popped the mini photo up with pop dots.  Under this layer are two more layers of notched floral and shimmer gold paper.
I tied the poofy ribbon up with more kit ribbon and gold baking twine.
I mixe some gold Pearl Ex with some iridescent medium from Winsor & Newton to create a shimmery paint color.
I let this run down the side of my journaling card for an artistic look.
I'll probably use this pretty pouch to hold some Mother's Day gifts.  Hope you have a great day.  I'm off to buy flowers for the gardens, make some desserts for Prom kids and then tomorrow will be a full day of toting Josey around to her hair and nail appointments and then volunteering all night for the after Prom party.  Good times.....busy times.  :)

3 comments:

kolleen said...

Very pretty pouch but love the gold paint and color!

kolleen said...

Very pretty pouch but love the gold paint and color!

~ Jo ~ said...

Such a very pretty bag! I love how you mixed that gold and iridescent together and then let it run down. How clever! Love the look of it... whomever receives this cute little bag will surely smile!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails