January 7, 2014

2013 Hot Cocoa & Hot Spiced Tea Station...

With low temperatures and wind chills dipping down to the -20's, I thought it would be a good time to finally share my 2013 Hot Cocoa & Hot Spiced Tea Station. 
This was something that I looked forward to setting up for the holiday season and I'm so happy that I did.  I turned my vintage kitchen cabinet into a warm & cozy place to fix a hot drink right before warming up by the fire.  You can get a peek at our fireplace in the background.  
 I used vintage plaid accessories for my Winter decor this year.  I had thermoses, a marshmallow tin and plaid, wood blankets.
In the little cubby I added my jade green measuring scale along with some new but old, tiny Santa mugs. 
I had never seen this teeny size before and I think they're just cute as a button. 
For my drink station, I purchased a second 3 tiered, galvanized stand from Pottery Barn.  I have one in my work room and just love it.  I couldn't give it up for my drink station so I made the second purchase.  In the top of my stand I have travel cups, red hot candies in a vintage jar and some decadent chocolate syrup I came across. 
The middle level of the stand has cinnamon and cocoa powder which I poured into vintage green Depression glass shakers.  I labeled everything with stamped metal rim tags.  The Santa mug with candy cane stir sticks was a new/old find this year too.
The bottom level of the stand has a vintage jar filled with homemade hot cocoa mix and an old tea jar filled with my mom's delicious hot spiced tea recipe.  Two other glass pieces are filled with homemade and regular marshmallows. 
Homemade marshmallows were on my to do list this holiday season and they are yummy.  They are ooey and gooey when they melt and taste so much better than the store bought variety.  But some people like the store bought variety so I kept some on hand in the fun jar I found while junkin' this Winter. 
These giant store bought marshmallows became the filler for my drink station.  They just reminded me of giant, fluffy snowballs and they were perfect.  
More candy canes and some vintage silver spoons.  I like to slip a few of these in my purse and hand out to my favorite kiddos at the ballgames. 
This darling teacup set sits front and center.  It was a gem of a find this Winter. 
So pretty.  I will keep it forever and ever. 
We enjoyed hot drinks all Winter long....and will continue to do so until it warms up a bit.  I loved the hot spiced tea in this mug a friend bought me years ago. 
Ooey and gooey, I told ya.  The marshmallows become like liquid goodness and are especially good with some drizzled chocolate and cinnamon sprinkles.  I have to admit, I'm all about the marshmallow goodness.  When it's gone, the cocoa kind of sits.  
Definitely will do a new version for 2014.  Something to look forward to for sure. 
Hope you're warm and cozy wherever you are.  I'm headed out to the basketball games tonight...and I think I might just take along a travel cup of hot spiced tea.  Or cocoa. Or tea.  Hmmmm.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Ooh this is soo lovely! The teacup is gorgeous x. Where did you find the marshmallow recipe, please?

RebeccaHoot said...

Love this! So Cute!

Jaybee said...

Love your blog and all your vintage things. Where did you find the travel mugs? Wishing you a wonderful new year crafting and creating :)

Joan V said...

Love, love, love this.

Mirella said...

Absolutely lovely... you create a dreamy vintage atmosphere, just supergreat!!!

Unknown said...

Your drink station is really cute with all the touches. I've been thinking for doing a station as well but doubt I will get to it LOL.
Hugs, Lynnie

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh I just love this and you must try the torani pumpkin pie sauce in chai tea with cream :)

Anonymous said...

I just think it is great the way you set up these stations. I tried to implement your idea for setting up a pretty station for my Dec. daily and I gave you props on my blog! You are very creative and organized thanks for the ideas!

Evgenia Petzer said...

it looks so cozy and now i a starving for marshmellows

Diane Herr said...

Love love the drink station.. Could you share the hot spiced tea recipe please I would love to try it.

Jen said...

This has been the first year we've had a Hot Cocoa Station in our house, too. The kids love it. I think my 16 year old loves it better than the 10 year old twins! She likes to snuggle up with a warm cup. I also like the top of your cabinet, the red plaid blanket and the thermos-es are great! Thanks for sharing with us!

Jen said...

This has been the first year we've had a Hot Cocoa Station in our house, too. The kids love it. I think my 16 year old loves it better than the 10 year old twins! She likes to snuggle up with a warm cup. I also like the top of your cabinet, the red plaid blanket and the thermos-es are great! Thanks for sharing with us!

~ Jo ~ said...

What a fantastic and lovely idea to have a hot drink station! I absolutely love your style and taste for vintage findings. I LOVE anything vintage, old, tattered and comes with a little bit of history behind it. Love this post!
by the way, where did you get all those blue vintage mason jars?
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails