December 18, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 46 using December Gossamer Blue

I'm back with Week 46 of my Project Life/Life Pages today.  Who knew that all the purple tones in the December Gossamer Blue kits would come in so handy this week.  I love the colors but they don't typically take center stage on my projects.  This week, however, I scrapped a lot about our trim to the K-State football game.  Definitely worthy of some purple tones.  And....it's the new color of the year so let's roll with it, shall we? Here's my 2 page layout.
The left page. Ended up that a lot of my photos had some purple undertones.  I kept the pages nice and tidy and tried to keep in some white space. Lots of fun inserts if you want to zoom in.
The right page was all photos of our trip to the KSU football game.  We drove the girls and their friends around to all of our old stomping grounds....our old apartments, the dorms, campus, the hangouts, stadium,etc. Loved having this walk down memory lane. You can zoom in below to see the vellum pocket I stitched on with the drink chipboard accent and typed sticker.
For my weekly, dated insert I've been filling the slots with some 3 x 4 journaling cards.  I just add them side by side or stick one down to a 4 x 6 insert.  Really digging photo corners lately.
The football game.  Awesome time!
I had a back to back insert too, highlighting my favorite photos of the girls.  Hair flying around, all in purple.  Great group of girlies.
To remember names when I grow old...or maybe in 2 years at the rate my memory is failing...I stitched on typed names.
The back side is a big photo of the football stadium with a beautiful Kansas sunset.  I also slipped in our parking ticket stub.  Good times.
So glad this week is in the books.  My next college pages might actually include my sweet reds while IN college.  Josey just texted me and said she finished her College Algebra test.  She's taking the class as a Junior in high school.  She was so nervous.  In no time at all she'll be in college.  And that's why I love this Project Life.

3 comments:

crschaf said...

Love this! Would love a close up picture of the Christmas storage. So fun.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

such fun pages!!!!
very well executed!!!!
tfs:)

~ Jo ~ said...

Gorgeous pages! I really love how you added the photo corner on your first insert/title card... and all the photos on these two pages are wonderful. You take some great photos and you've captured some awesome memories that week, not just for your girls with taking them to your old stomping grounds... but also for yourself because it took you back on your own memories. Aaaahh I cannot wait to start my project life. Hopefully soon!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails