September 5, 2013

Boutique Item....Pretty Paint & Paperclip Kit

Today I have a special little Boutique Item to show you.  Boutique Items are hand crafted items that I will be featuring in my shop in very limited quantities.  Last week I had fun fiddling around with my watercolors, fun fabrics and a few select items from the cubbies of my little shop.  It all started with the pretty little watercolored paper flags and some beautiful fabrics I had in my stash.  The result is a dainty little kit which features 2 fun ways to package up some special gifts.  

There are enough supplies in the kit to create the two creations below.  On the left is an embellished paper sack perfect for a little stack of cards, a wrapped gourmet chocolate bar, a little bundle of quilting fabrics, notepads and more.  On the right I have a wrapped clear card box that is suitable for a stack of handmade cards.  Of course you can mix and match the kit contents all you like as well.
 The gift sack has the watercolored paper flag which has been stitched to some pretty fabric.  Fabrics vary from kit to kit, no two are alike.  There are lots of layers you can create with the Latin/English vintage dictionary page, the index card and paper doily.  I added glitter to my clothespins and attached it right to the sack.  The yellow flower is an extra item from my stash.
 The clear card box I created has fun little layers starting with a simple piece of grid paper, a paper doily and layered tags.  I edged the Kraft tag with white ink and stamped on a handmade sentiment.  On top is the fun arrow tag that comes in the kit.  It has dimensional arrows stenciled on with modeling paste from my Art Journal Kit.  The gold paperclip accent has a stitched on piece of fabric flag.  No two paperclips are alike in the kits.  The yellow flower is from my stash.
 So now I have two beautiful gift packages ready to be used.
 I hope you will enjoy assembling your kit items.  I think you'll like the unique accents in this kit.  If you decide to create the two projects I showed above, you'll love that you'll find extra stitched paperclip flags in the kit.  You get a total of 6 clipped to a vintage Rolodex card.  The kits are available in the shop now in limited quantities RIGHT HERE.
The modeling paste that I used on the fun arrow tag is from my Art Journal Kit.  I recently sent these to school with the girls for their advanced art classes and I think they'll have using these supplies.  I'm planning to get my art journal back out and do some watercolor sketches soon.  I love the quality of the paint brushes too, they're better than any beginning brushes and have held up very well to all of my artsy projects.  There's just a few of these kits left in the shop & I won't be restocking these kits in the future.
Some other items that I used in my new kit today that you can purchase alone are the Dainty Doilies, the Small Kraft Tags, Large Kraft Sacks, Rectangle Hang Tags, Small Clothespins and the Clear Card Boxes.  You can find those listed throughout the shop HERE.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you want to join in, we're chatting about a Daily December type kit that will be coming soon to Gossamer Blue.  The Design Team projects for September have been uploaded to the galleries also and there is a LOT of eye candy.  I'll be sharing my September projects here on the blog soon too.

I'm also tidying up my room so I can work on the long awaited post of my Project Life calendar and work area.  Many of you have asked....the planning pages that I've been showing at the top of my Project Life pages are for my personal use only.  I may try to work out something to share them in the future but for now it's just something I fiddled with for my own needs.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Michelle,
Who wouldn't LOVE getting a special gift packaged in this...? It's LOVELY!!
Another inspired post!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the paperclips with fabric!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails