August 21, 2012

You Make Me Smile Card Kit...

Edit: Kits are now in the shop. :) And yes, I ship everywhere.

I'm back today with another card kit that will be going up in the shop later today. My last kit was very well received so I hope those of you that purchased the kit had fun assembling it. Today's kit is called You Make Me Smile.

Details:
Note: Kits will arrive with NO stamped images. Some of you have expressed that you like your pieces plain so that you can use your own stamps. I will have a "Happy Stamper Add On Kit" in the shop that be purchased if you want me to stamp your items with the same stamps I used as shown below. No other stamps will be substituted, sorry.

Kit comes with unassembled pieces, enough to create 5 completed cards with envelopes + 5 gift sacks like you see in the photo below. An instant addition to your card stash that you can put together very quickly. Please refer back to this blog post for photo reference on how to assemble your cards and some helpful tips.
This is the card design for the kit. The card has an A2 aqua card base using 100 lb sturdy cardstock with coordinating A2 aqua colored envelope. Each card will fit into a large glassine, flat sack that can be secured with a Small White Parcel Tag and colored paperclip. In the sack you can slip a candy bar or additional small gift and use it along with the card. Or you might choose to mail the cards just in the envelope and use the gift sack for another use.
The fun card design features a Large White Parcel Tag that is stamped with an Ali Edwards sentiment from Technique Tuesday and tied with red/white baker's twine. My favorite part about this card design is the circled layered with a Starburst Grid Paper Label, Washi tape, the Studio Calico arrow "you" stamp and the arrow paperclip. Again, please note that your kit will arrive with no stamped images unless you purchase the "Happy Stamper Add On Kit".
Helpful hint: When assembling the Washi tape and the arrow paperclip, just peel the Washi tape off of the clear plastic and weave it through one opening of the paperclip. Then flatten it all out and adhered to card front. You'll get 5 pieces of torn Washi tape to complete your 5 cards.
Instructions:
Assembling the cards is a breeze. Simply use your own adhesive to adhere the pre-cut Echo Park Large Hexagon cardstock pieces to the horizontal card fronts. Stamp your large tag and Starburst label (or if you order the Happy Stamper Add On Kit, these pieces will be stamped for you). Tie the large tags with baker's twine. Adhere tags over patterned paper. Stick labels to punched cardstock circles then adhere over large tags. Adhere the Washi/paperclips.
If you'd like to try your hand at creating this card design but want to use your own cardstock and patterned paper, then I will have a limited supply of Tag Kits in the shop also. There will be enough large & small tags, arrows, starburst labels and paperclips to create 3 cards. You supply the cardstock, patterned paper, sacks, etc. If you'd like to try other card packaging I have Waxed Paper Sacks which have been very popular and my Large Kraft Sacks too. The Starburst Grid Paper Labels are available in a quantity of 10 also.
As with my last kit I will be showing a sample of how you can use your own supplies to further embellish your kit items to create more detailed cards.
Here I used additional Studio Calico and Ali Edwards stamps, machine stitching on the tags and additional Washi tape to fancy up the card, the gift sack tag and the envelope front. Sometimes less is more.....but sometimes you want a little more bling.
One last add on that I'll be adding to the shop today is a set of 5 A2 sized aqua card fronts and coordinating envelopes, along with a clear card box, a yard of aqua seam binding and a metal rim tag. Use the card fronts and envelopes to create your own card design then package them all up in the clear card box. Wrap the seam binding around the clear box and tie a ribbon. Then use the aqua/white baker's twine to tie on the tag. A great way to get a head start on some teacher or Christmas gifts. Which is exactly what I plan to do with my cards.....keep at least one for my stash then divide the others up for Christmas gifts. I love that I'm building up my stash...and it's still August!
And speaking of teacher gifts, I've got a handful of the 2 Squared School Kits still available in the shop. Quantities are very limited so get 'em while they last. You can click on the posts which feature projects made with this kit here, here, here ,here and here. Ya, I got a lot of mileage out of that kit! Stay tuned for just a few more projects that I made using that kit...coming in a blog post soon.

Okay, I'll be working over at the shop to get the items listed. They'll be up shortly. Look for the main You Make Me Smile Kit, the Happy Stamper add on kit, the Tag Kit and the Cards & Envelopes kit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just placed an order in your store. I love your blog, your projects and I want to support all this inspiration you give us. I love that you are showing us more cards! I love this color of aqua/blue that you are highlighting in your card kit and LOVE, LOVE that you have colored envelopes to match.
Thank you for taking the time to post all the pictures of your creations and walk us through the projects.

Unknown said...

Ooh. Looks like a great shop update!!!

Unknown said...

Ooh. Looks like a great shop update!!!

Melissa said...

Adorable cards Mishie! Just love all of the sweet details and colors!
Melis

sylviehavre said...

Y love cards
les détails et la couleur
biz
sylvie

Sallie424 said...

I has always enjoyed you upbeat posts, creativity, and STILL miss your PTI input. I am looking forward to my first store purchase arriving in the mail and am wondering where I can find the "you arrow".

Related Posts with Thumbnails