July 28, 2012

2 Squared Kit projects....

Hey everyone. I have a few projects to share with you that I made from my 2 Squared School Kit. I saved a kit for myself and set all of the contents out on a tray. Then I made a list of some school projects I might want to make.
A challenge I gave out with this kit is to use it all up so I'm gonna give it a go. I'm pulling out more of my shop items + a few supplies like twine and Washi tape to use on my projects. First up are some treat sacks for teachers. These took hardly any time at all to make so mass production would be very easy. I pulled one of the 4 x 4 pieces of patterned paper(all from Studio Calico's Elementary line) and cut it into four pieces. I grabbed some of the striped sacks from this assorted pack + some Washi tape + some Dove candies + some typed labels.
I hand cut notches into the four small squares then adhered them to my filled sacks (4 candies per sack) with various Washi tape. I stuck on the labels then finished up the sacks with machine stitching. Perfect little teacher treats.
Next up I wanted to use some of the sacks in the kit to make some confetti bags. In the kit there is a small glassine sack + a clear zipper sack + I used some smaller sacks from my Sack Assortment for Confetti. Using scrap paper, my confetti punch and my star punch, I went to work making confetti. To add some bulk I like to add Christmas snow filler + I found a few foam glitter stars to add in.
I just kept filling sacks so I could have plenty on hand. These will be fun to have on hand for future use.
Here are my creations using some of the confetti sacks + some additional items from the kit. I made a treat/card sack and a back to school card.
The sack uses a Large Kraft Sack, a piece of the 4 x 4 patterned paper and a Large White Tag from the kit. I also used a Dainty Doily, Washi tape, a piece of splattered cardstock + some word stickers and mini staples. I think I will use this sack to hold a treat or set of cards for the girls' art teacher. She is so awesome.
This is my first of the cards I'll make from the kit. The kit contents I used are the piece of patterned paper, the punched apple + the "best day ever" sentiment strip stamped from a Studio Calico stamp set. I also added Washi tape, a Dainty Doily, baker's twine and a typed label. This card will be perfect for our school secretary, Miss Becky. I always wish her a good school year & joke about how the first day of school is the best day ever. Maybe more so for me than her. :)
Finally for today's projects I made some bookmarks for my friend, the school librarian. From the kit I used a piece of 4 x 4 patterned paper cut in half, the 2 library cards, the blue label and one of the sticker selections from Studio Calico. I also dug a few pieces of the punched strips I used to make confetti from my trash can.
To hold the bookmarks I used a Medium Glassine Sack, a Small White Parcel Tag and a strip of the old book paper from the kit. I typed on the white tag with my old typewriter then tied it around the sack with baker's twine.
For the bookmarks I layered them with patterned papers, Washi tape, 2 halves of the labels which I stamped with Studio Calico stamps, a punched apple, stickers from the kit, a punched circle from the old book paper + a snippet of a Dainty Doily.
For this bookmark I stamped the word "READ" using Studio Calico's Stepping Stone Alphabet, first in the black outline and then in the solid grey. "The End" was stamped from this Studio Calico stamp set. Machine stitching keeps all the paper layers in place. You can see more of my bookmark creations at this link.
The back side of one of the papers has this adorable little boy reading a book. Since my librarian friend splits her time between the high and grade school, I thought this sweet bookmark would be fun to use for the books she reads to the little ones. I finished this one off with days of the week Washi tape, a sticker strip from the kit and then I stitched and stapled over the punched apple. Since I add a lot of stitching I like to adhere a piece of cardstock on the back of the library card so the bookmarks finish up nice and clean.
I had so much just creating and having fun. Next up I'll be making up some cards to give as little sets to the teachers. They love to get a little surprise now and then with a few chocolates thrown in. Stay tuned.

There are still some of the 2 Squared School Kits left in the shop. The first batch of kits went out this morning so if you ordered, be looking for your kit + other ordered items the first of next week. What kind of fun projects are you thinking of making with the kit, I'd love to hear?

Other news:
I just received some supply orders for some new kits coming to the shop soon. I can't wait to share with you once I get a little more organized. A new concept that I think you'll love. :)

5 comments:

Annabelle said...

Everything is so cute! I love those confetti sacks

Unknown said...

Love these! It is so fun looking at how you decorate bags, I like the way you think out of the box. Our schools start here in about two weeks, my friends go back to teach in one week. Got all my gifts for them made. Now switching gears to Halloween! Can you believe it, but if you make cards and treat bags and tags homemade I have found over the years you need to start early. Looking to your past Halloween posts as inspiration again this year. Your projects are just outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to post all these pictures today and step by step process. I so look forward to your blog everyday, it makes me happy.

jaymack said...

I am so happy to see some cards, I love the mixy-matchy thing. I can't tell are you putting the confetti plastic bags in the glassine bags? BTW have you canned anything this year?

Pinky Creations said...

I love your confetti sacks!
Can you share in a little more detail what its made up of?

gayle said...

I love the way you "step up" the p.l journal cards. I'm so into doing that...

Related Posts with Thumbnails