June 18, 2012

Summer Cottage/Pieces of Me Mini Journal-Cover

Edited for questions:

The doily mask I used is by Christy Tomlinson for She Art, Pink Paislee.  I couldn't find a direct at 2 Peas but I think that's where I got it.  It's darling and I hope Christy makes more goodies for Pink Paislee.

For printing Instagrams at home, visit this link under my PAGES section on the left top side of my blog.  I've flagged some interesting Project Life tops there that you may want to check out.   

Today I'd like to share with you the beginnings of my Pieces of Me journal that I'll be working on this Summer.  I completed my cover, using items from my Summer Cottage Kit that was offered in my shop a while back.

Here's my front cover.  I'll be using the 4 x 8 woodgrain, chipboard Studio Calico album that I supplied in the Summer Cottage Kit.  
I chose lots of my favorite items to embellish the front cover, including Sassafras paper by Studio Calico, tags from my shop, some ribbon, a vintage button card, a badge, wood veneer hearts, a printed milk cap from Banana Fish Studio, a pretty doily mask, white Mister Huey's spray mist and a small Instagram photo.  I'll be sharing some of the supplies I use from the Summer Cottage kit + from my stash along the way.
These items reflect some of my favorite items to craft with....tags, grid prints, old vintage finds, floral and doily patterns, etc.  I punched holes in my album front and back and now it's ready to go.
In the Summer Cottage Kit, there were a handful of 4 x8 pages to get your album started.  Here I added in lots of other favorite papers from my stash.  The photo colors are off but I primarily am sticking with Kraft, summery yellows, peachy oranges, greys, grid type papers, robin's egg blue and olive greens.
Here's the beginnings of my album, assembled.  I know the rings look huge and kinda dorky here but just imagine this album full to the brim someday, chock full of favorite photos and memories.  I used the largest rings for the kit because I wanted this album to be really thick and chunky.  It's perfect for adding in those bulkier items like buttons, badges, chipboard pieces, found objects, etc.
Next up I'll be working on the first few pages of my album which will reflect on me. I'll include a few photos of me, some facts and describe what I want this album to be about.  Here's some of the supplies I'm thinking about using....
For the rest of my album, I'm planning on using square Instagram photos that I've been saving on my iPhone.  I'm just printing them off as I go and am going to keep a little basket full of photos that I can add here and there to my album.  

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to share links to your Pieces of Me album or your journal/projects you made using my Summer Cottage kit.  

5 comments:

Ana K. said...

Can`t wait to see all! That mask is awesome, I wish I can buy something like this here in Slovenia!
Hugs!

susanne said...

can you share how you print your instagram photos? love your style you give me much inspiration on project life

susanne said...

can you share how you print your instagram photos? love your style you give me much inspiration on project life

Sallie424 said...

Could you please let us know who supplied that a-MAY-zing doily. You have such wonderful pieces you put together in wonderful ways!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous start to you album!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails