June 9, 2012

Project Life Week 16, 2012

Back today with Week 16 from my Project Life album.  I'll keep this short and sweet for today as we're heading out for a softball tournament.  

The 2 page spread.
The left page.  Lot of planting going on and flowers blooming in the flower beds.  Track was still in full swing and Josey got asked to Prom, a very big deal around here.  I killed another rattlesnake on the road.  Josey and I played hooky to go to one of Jordan's track meets.
The right layout.  A trip to the flower shop for some new flowers to plant.  Stormy is about to bust with new kittens and smacks Charlie every chance she gets.  New Iris bloomed this year.  Charlie turned 7 months old.
Instead of main title pages with no photos, I've started utilizing the space by adding a photo and just making sure I crop the photo so there's a little white space for adding stickers or some journaling.
The invitation to attend the promenade for Prom sent to Eric as a school board member. I covered it with vellum so the stark black wouldn't dominate the layout.
Ruler Washi tape on the track insert, mimics the measurements of the long jump.
Little sticker letters and tags.
A simple tag from my shop to journal a bit about our cat's new babies.
A glittery chipboard number and a typed label, right on the photo.
Half of a large doily sticker with typed journaling + another small label.
Porject Life journaling card with a simple photo and date.  Plus a Week in Review insert with a tag from my shop.
The photos take front and center with a few typed labels and my favorite "approved" stamp from Studio Calico.
Here I used sticker labels ran through my typewriter for journaling.  This week I added a lot of photos to my 3 x 4 inserts...just lots going on this week.
And more Iris photos.  A good reminder is to capture flower photos while they're at their freshest state.  If you wait a day or two, the moment may have past to get the best shot.
And another week is in the books.  I've got several more weeks to share as I've been plugging along with my pages here and there.  My next few weeks that I have to show you will focus a little more on catching up a little quicker when I have the opportunity to work on my pages. Right now I'm about 3 weeks behind.  Not too bad but I realllly would like to be caught up.  

So how about you guy?  Are you plugging along?  Still working?  I'd love to hear where you're at with Project Life.  It's a big undertaking and sharing with our successes and struggles can be very helpful to one another.  Also, do you have questions?  Leave them in the comments space and perhaps I can fit in a  question & answer session.  Before you post a question be sure to check out the specific Project Life Page I have in the upper left hand corner.  I have some specific posts tagged that might help you out.  

In shop news:
I'll have new items for the shop soon, including brand new styles of Washi tape, most of these are exclusive to just a few shops.  I'll also be doing a big re-stock of sacks of all kinds, including some of the newest styles.  Perfect for Project Life, traditional scrapbook pages, cards and packaging.  I'll have more specific times as I get shipping notices from my vendors.  Stay tuned.  :)

5 comments:

crschaf said...

I just don't know how you get so much done with all that goes on with 2 girls,PL,gardening,a dog and cat with new kittens... You are wonder woman! Especially when you go to killin' rattlers!!!HA! This PL week is again so pretty and put together.Where are you gonna put those lockers? Keep keepin' on-I so love to see me some Mish Mash!

crschaf said...

I just don't know how you get so much done with all that goes on with 2 girls,PL,gardening,a dog and cat with new kittens... You are wonder woman! Especially when you go to killin' rattlers!!!HA! This PL week is again so pretty and put together.Where are you gonna put those lockers? Keep keepin' on-I so love to see me some Mish Mash!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your pages are amazing and truly inspiring. Ack on the snake!!! I hope you kill them all. :)

I am about 7 weeks (I think) behind on PL. I am hoping to get caught up in the next two weeks. Things are finally slowing down for me in the evenings so hopefully I can tackle a week every two nights.

Basement Stamper said...

I always am inspired by your pages. I spent the last week while kids were at grandparents getting caught up and have a few things I want to add in but feel really good about what I did. I'm curious when you do a 4 x 6 layout with multiple pics, what size are your scaled down pictures? I'm guessing like 2 x 2 size? Thanks for sharing your wonderful pages!

Melissa said...

I love that you put vellum over the invite to dull the solid black. Such a great idea... I can see myself doing this for other colorful kid party invites and mementos whose colors would otherwise throw off the 2-page spread. I approach PL similar to you, with a "color scheme" for each week so the left and right hand pages read as a "spread" and an occasional insert here and there(alwasy smaller, so I still have my "bookends"). Anyway... keep up the good work... still LOVING everything you do. Your constant inspiraton has me only 1-2 weeks behind!

Related Posts with Thumbnails