March 20, 2012

Hello There Notebook Gift

Hi everyone, just wanted to start off with a big thank you for your thoughts, prayers and notes during my dad's surgery. It went very well and Dad is home now resting. He's doing great!

While in the hospital waiting for Dad I took lots of magazines for my mom and sister and me to look at. I also took my sister a set of cards for her birthday, the last ones posted in this post. I had so much fun with the confetti bags that I tried a window version using a chevron sack from my shop.
I die cut an oval using my Papertrey oval dies and then just tucked in a plastic baggie that I had filled with confetti. To embellish the Kraft sack packaging I used a metal tag stamped with "hello there" from Framed Out #2. The ribbon is Kraft Satin.
Inside the sack is a cute notebook that I gave to my mom at the hospital. I thought she might need to take a few notes or jot down questions that she may have for the doctor. I used my Take Note stamp set for the "notes" sentiment on the front of the notepad.
To embellish the notebook I used Kraft cardstock, Dearest Jane patterned paper and one of the border strips I created a while back. So fun to just reach for a strip and see how it can be used. I tied on a Vintage Button with baker's twine for a finishing touch.
Such a fun little gift. I think cards & notepads make some of the most thoughtful....and useful gifts. They're some of my favorite to make....and receive I've been told. :)

This & That:

If you'd like to try your hand at the confetti sacks I've been showing I have some Confetti Gift Sack Kits available in the shop. There are a variety of the smaller sacks to play around with + I've included a clear sack with a little of the "snow" in it that can be mixed with punched confetti of your own. I've also added some of my more recent cards up for sale in the shop. And under the PAGES section at the upper left side of my blog, I've added lots of stamps and dies for sale. Each listing has a separate page and PayPal button, just click on the links.

Coming Soon:
I've been doing a little organizing and have taken some photos of my progress. I'll be sharing some ideas with you soon. Also I just finished Week 9 of my Project Life so look for that spread too.

5 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

this is SO cute.

Sue Ann said...

Do you use a punch for all your confetti and do you use thin material like magazines or do you thinner type card stock? You are killing me with all this cuteness and confetti and how great is that for a birthday card...... LOVE IT!!!

Linda said...

Love this Michelle, I will have to order that stamp set and ribbon.
So glad that your dad is doing well.
Xx

Tami McBeain said...

Adorable as usual Mish! Love, love, love your little note books and this is one of my favorites! So happy to hear that your Dad is doing well and recovering quickly!

christina #4635 said...

Wonderful news about your father :o)
When you made the oval thru the chevron bag, did you cut the oval thru both layers of the bag?
Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails