January 9, 2012

Sending You Love.....Etsy kit creations

Happy Monday! I'm getting ready for a big Etsy shop update tomorrow. I have a sick kiddo home from school today so a definite time has not been determined yet. I'll have re-stocks of chevron sacks, grid sacks, large Kraft polka dot & notebook paper sacks......lots of kits for Valentine packaging including a hot pink Bling It On kit.....Divine Twine Valentine striped baker's twine.....embellishments...and more. Here's a sneak peek at my Sending You Love airmail themed Valentine kit that will be included in tomorrow's shop update:
And I have a few projects made from the Sending You Love kit too. First up I used airmail envelopes from the kit to make some goodie enclosures for the reds for Valentine's Day.
iTunes cards are always a great gift for the girls so flat envelopes are perfect for tucking in the card + a candy bar, pack of gum, money or other flat treats. I used Heather's Tag-its #11 stamp set and a 1.75" circle punch to create the heart circles. Other kit items that I used include cork punched hearts, airmail baker's twine, and a paper doily.
Another fun kit addition is the grid label stickers. I ran these through my vintage typewriter and then stamped on the girls' names using Hero Arts mini letter stamps and Papertrey Enchanted Evening and Pure Poppy ink. I love to personalize little gift items/cards and I think these fun labels will be just the ticket.
My second project using the Sending You Love kit features a card with a portion of an airmail envelope used on top.
Base card is Rustic White with chevron patterned paper on the bottom portion. Other kit items used were the blue seam binding, an old postage stamp and more of the grid label stickers.
Scraps from the airmail envelope and patterned paper were used on the inside to create an additional Valentine greeting.
Fun stuff coming up tomorrow so stay tuned to the blog. I'll have more Valentine projects using kit items on the blog all this week.

Project Life:
A lot of you are just getting started with your very first week of Project Life. I'm reading a little about being nervous, a little anxiety even and just a feeling of where to start. To help you out I'm taking step by step photos of my first Project Life week of 2012 and will walk you through my process of assembling a weekly layout. Look for this post maybe Wednesday.....all depends on my little patient and how the week goes. If you're taking photos and jotting down a few notes on your calendar, you're doing good!! And thank you all for the nice comments about me offering encouragement & inspiration with getting you started with Project Life. I'm happy to share, happy to help.

Papertrey Ink:
It's sneak peek on Nichole's blog. And starting on the 10th, countdown posts with fun new projects will be up. I'll have my projects using this month's new products up on my blog on the 15th. Stay tuned. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love reading your blog. You have such cute ideas. I really like your idea of using bullet points on one of the journal cards to show how busy our weeks are, I think mom's are perpetually busy.

I have been so inspired lately to do some different things in my Project Life Album (since it is the bulk of my scrapbooking these days.) Last night I got my Adobe trial membership and started digital scrapbooking and applied some brushes to photos, Ali's blog was a great source for how to's. I am completely hooked and now wish I had more money to buy some more products at Designer Digitals.

Have a great week Michelle, keep blogging.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Love that idea of using airmail envelopes.

lam said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time and now I think it`s time that I write a comment. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and here isalways so much inspiration. You have inspired me to start on project life and although I still don`t have the right products (I live in Denmark) I´ve already started because of you. Once again thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

you are just so awesome! Thank you !

Linda said...

Mish your Valentines projects are lovely, the girls are so lucky.
I sat down to do my very first week of PL last night, after fiddling around with the photos and the kit for half an hour I found it to overwhelming so I went to bed with my iPad and reread some of your PL posts so I am eager to get back to it today, and yes I know it just has to be want I want it to be, but I want it to be scrapbooky with bits and pieces. So thanks once again for all your inspiration and help.
Xx
And my etsy order arrived yesterday so I am going to make them as well-it didn't take long to get here.

Kalpesh said...

This post is wonderful as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed. I am thankful as i got your post when was searching work in

Deb said...

Thank you Mish for all of your inspiration. I do have a question.... Where do you find the air mail envelopes? Are they available at the post office or office supply?

Related Posts with Thumbnails